The Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board will vote Tuesday on a $33 million request to start buying land and drawing up plans for new schools and renovations, hoping to get a start on projects that will be part of a 2017 bond referendum.
The request would go to Mecklenburg County commissioners, who provide the money for school construction.
Here are the projects on the list:
▪ New southern high school (to relieve South Meck and Ardrey Kell): $12.5 million.
▪ New east Charlotte elementary school (to relieve Windsor Park, Winterfield and Idlewild): $2 million.
▪ New south Charlotte elementary school (to relieve Elon Park, Hawk Ridge and Polo Ridge): $2 million.
▪ New south Charlotte elementary school (to relieve Nations Ford, Sterling and Steele Creek): $2 million.
▪ Replacement for Shamrock Gardens Elementary: $2 million.
▪ Replacement for Briarwood Elementary: $2 million.
▪ Replacement for Collinswood Language Academy on the site of the Smith Family Center: $2.25 million.
▪ New southern K-8 school: $2.25 million.
▪ New northern K-8 school: $2.25 million.
▪ Replacement for Montclaire Elementary: $1.5 million.
▪ Renovation and addition to Harding High: $1.25 million.
▪ Classroom addition to Davis Military/Leadership K-12 magnet school: $1.25 million.
▪ Find details about construction and renovation plans at http://bit.ly/2aXern6.
▪ Tuesday’s meeting starts at 6 p.m. in the meeting chamber of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St. It will be broadcast live online and on CMS-TV Cable 3. Find the agenda and link to streaming at www.cms.k12.nc.us/boe.