Hornets at Miami Heat
7:30 p.m., American Airlines Arena
TV: Fox Sports Southeast. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610.
G K. Walker
G G. Dragic
G N. Batum
G D. Wade
F P. Hairston
F L. Deng
F C. Bosh
C A. Jefferson
C H. Whiteside
Matchup to Watch
Chris Bosh vs. Marvin Williams/Cody Zeller: Bosh is back from a blood-clot issue that sidelined him much of last season. He has the shooting range and ball-handling skills to operate out beyond the 3-point line.
▪ The Heat has back former Charlotte Bobcats forward Josh McRoberts, who missed much of last season with a knee injury. McRoberts figures to be a key reserve for the Heat this season.
▪ Hornets coach Steve Clifford said Monday he intends to start P.J. Hairston at small forward in place of injured Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He was undecided on Tuesday between Zeller and Williams as the starter at power forward.
▪ The Hornets went 7-1 in the preseason. The remade roster (seven new players) was built primarily to improve the team’s lacking offense last season.
▪ This is the first of three games against Southeast Division rivals. The Hornets have a home-and-home with the Hawks (Friday in Atlanta and Sunday in Charlotte).
▪ Hornets guards Jeremy Lamb (ankle sprain) and Troy Daniels (hamstring) are doubtful for Wednesday’s game.
Did you know?
Last season broke a string of six playoff appearances and four division titles for the Heat.