Three Mecklenburg County teams earned top 10 finishes at the N.C. 4A indoor track state championships Saturday in Winston-Salem.
In the boys event, Hopewell had 27 points and finished fourth. Berry had 26 points and finished fifth. Cary Green Hope (49) won the team title. In the girls event, Rocky River was the only Observer-area girls team to earn a top 10 finish. The Ravens had 19 points and finished eighth. Southeast Raleigh had 79 points to easily win the team title.
Several Observer-area athletes won individual titles:
▪ Rocky River sophomore Kenya Livingston won the girls high jump.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Hopewell’s Jada Woods, a senior, won the girls triple jump.
▪ Olympic’s Khayla Dawson, a senior, won the girls shot put.
▪ Mooresville senior Daniel McArthur won the shot put.
▪ Mallard Creek senior Carvont Charleston won the 55-meter dash.
▪ Ardrey Kell’s Joshua Cooper won the 500-meter dash.