Everything you need to know about Sunday’s STP 500 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, in three minutes:
Three things to watch
1. Martinsville’s last race saw the Joey Logano-Matt Kenseth feud boil over. Nothing has happened since, however, to indicate hostilities have carried over to this season.
2. That said, pole-winner Logano has made no secret that he hasn’t forgotten about the incident and is using it as motivation.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
3. A familiar team returns to Martinsville – the Wood Brothers, from nearby Stuart, Va., will field their No. 21 Ford (Ryan Blaney at the wheel) for the first time since 2011.
▪ Sunday is a milestone for Trevor Bayne. The 2011 Daytona 500 winner will make his 100th Cup start. Bayne’s victory at Daytona came in his second start.
▪ Don’t forget about Jimmie Johnson, this season’s only multiple winner who also happens to have eight series victories at Martinsville.
▪ Chase Elliott, who will start 10th, has taken the rookie-of-the-year lead from Blaney in what should be a close race all season.
▪ There was a fire Saturday at the Richard Petty Museum in Randleman. A team spokesman said the fire was contained to a small portion of the building and minimum damage was reported, along with no injuries.
Three picks for your fantasy team:
Joey Logano: Third consecutive pole and appeared to be on the way to winning Martinsville’s fall race before he was taken out by Kenseth.
Kasey Kahne: Has had speed all weekend, starting on outside of front row and also was fast in Saturday’s practice. Ready to stop long non-winning streak.
Kyle Busch: He hasn’t won – this season or ever at Martinsville. That’s bound to change some time.
He said it
“The key to success at Martinsville is not losing my mind.” – Kenseth
Where: Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
Track type: A .526-mile, paper-clip shaped paved oval.
Race distance: 263 miles, or 500 laps.
Green flag: 1:13 p.m.
Weather: Sunny, high of 62. Zero percent chance of rain.
TV: Fox Sports 1.
Radio: Motor Racing Network.