Ah, Super Bowl prop bets.
So many stupid-but-entertaining things to place wagers on, so little time. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the more unique proposition bets related to The Big Game on Sunday.
▪ How many times will “dab” or “dabbing” be said by the announcers during the broadcast?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ How many times will Cam Newton will do the open shirt Superman motion during the game?
▪ Will the Panthers player who scores their first TD give the football to a boy or a girl?
▪ Will there be a penalty for excessive celebration?
▪ If Steph Curry is shown on TV during the Super Bowl broadcast, what will he be wearing?
▪ Will Peyton Manning be seen crying at any point during the entire broadcast?
▪ How many times will “John Fox” be said during the broadcast?
▪ Which song will Coldplay play first during the halftime show?
▪ Will Left Shark make an appearance on stage during the Super Bowl halftime show?
▪ What color will Beyonce’s footwear be when she comes on stage for the halftime show?
▪ What will be higher – the total number of goals in the Montreal-Carolina NHL game on Feb. 7 or the total number of receptions by Greg Olsen in the Super Bowl?
▪ What will be higher – Donald Trump’s percentage points in the New Hampshire primary or the total number of points scored by the winning Super Bowl team?
Odds Cam Newton is featured in a commercial: 4/1.
Odds Luke Kuechly is featured in a commercial: 10/1.
Odds Cam Newton is featured in multiple commercials: 10/1.
Odds Luke Kuechly is featured in multiple commercials: 25/1.
Odds there is an earthquake in San Francisco during game (at least 2.0 magnitude within 50 miles of the stadium): 56/1.
Odds orange Gatorade will be poured on the winning coach: 3/1.
Over-under on the number of Cam Newton jump celebrations: 4.
Over-under on the number of towels Cam Newton will have on his body at the same time: 2.5.
Over-under on the amount of time Cam Newton will appear on screen with a smile: 3 minutes and 15 seconds.
Odds Peyton Manning will play for Canadian football team the Toronto Argonauts next year: 100/1.
Odds that Peyton Manning will begin a movie career in the future: 50/1.
Odds that Peyton Manning will become a regular cast member on “Saturday Night Live”: 70/1.
Odds that Peyton Manning will record a rap album with his brother Eli: 120/1.