Aldi will host a hiring event for its Charlotte-area stores Aug. 5 in the University area.
The low-price grocer will be looking for applicants to fill store associate and shift manager positions. Both positions pay $11.35 to $12.35 an hour, and shift managers get a $4 an hour premium when performing manager duties, the company said in a statement this week.
Aldi representatives will be at the Hilton Charlotte University Place (8629 JM Keynes Drive) on Aug. 5 from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
Employees at Aldi who work an average of more than 25 hours a week are eligible for full health insurance benefits and dental coverage, the company said, and all employees can participate in its 401(k) program.
Never miss a local story.
Here are some of the other requirements for the positions:
▪ Must be 18 years or older to apply
▪ High school diploma or GED
▪ Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday
▪ Retail experience preferred
▪ Drug screening and background check
▪ Ability to lift 45 pounds
Aldi operates 1,400 stores in 32 states. The German-based grocery chain operates some two dozen locations in the Charlotte area.