Aldi will host a hiring event for its Charlotte-area stores Aug. 5 in the University area.
The low-price grocer will be looking for applicants to fill store associate and shift manager positions. Both positions pay $11.35 to $12.35 an hour, and shift managers get a $4 an hour premium when performing manager duties, the company said in a statement this week.
Aldi representatives will be at the Hilton Charlotte University Place (8629 JM Keynes Drive) on Aug. 5 from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
Employees at Aldi who work an average of more than 25 hours a week are eligible for full health insurance benefits and dental coverage, the company said, and all employees can participate in its 401(k) program.
Here are some of the other requirements for the positions:
▪ Must be 18 years or older to apply
▪ High school diploma or GED
▪ Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday
▪ Retail experience preferred
▪ Drug screening and background check
▪ Ability to lift 45 pounds
Aldi operates 1,400 stores in 32 states. The German-based grocery chain operates some two dozen locations in the Charlotte area.