Do you like pizza? Based on the number of pizza restaurants coming to the city, you must. You must really like pizza and eat a lot of it and eat it all of the time. And you must like building your own pizza, because another build-your-own pizza joint is coming to South End this fall.
Here are the details about Your Pie, from Katherine Peralta’s Observer story:
– It will be at 2400 South Blvd.
– It was originally supposed to be a concept called “Project Pie,” but the franchise owner, Ankoor Patel, thought this brick-oven concept and a partnership with local breweries was “a better fit for Charlotte’s millennial demographics and impressive craft beer scene.” (Man, he’s got us millennials down, huh? MORE BEER AND PIZZA, PLEASE.)
– The first Your Pie opened in 2008 in Athens, Ga.
– The hope is for Your Pie to open as many as five restaurants in the Charlotte area over the next three to five years.
– The menu includes build-your-own pizzas, paninis, chopped salads, gelato, and beer and wine.
Any of this sound familiar? Maybe that’s because we keep getting more and more new pizza places in Charlotte. In just the past few months, we’ve seen places like Inizio Pizza Napoletana, Blaze Pizza, Zablong Pizza and Pizzeria Omaggio open.
Then pile that hot, cheesy goodness on top of the crust of pizza places that we already have in Charlotte, like Fuel Pizza, Brixx, The Pizza Peel, Benny Pennello’s, Pure Pizza and the chain delivery places that you say you don’t like but will absolutely crush if someone has it delivered at 1 a.m.
Have we, as Ely Portillo asked on Twitter yesterday, hit peak pizza?
— Ely Portillo (@ESPortillo) May 23, 2016
Forget breweries: Is the Charlotte pizza bubble about to burst, spewing mozzarrella and marinara and pepperoni and mushrooms and green peppers all over the city? Actually … that sounds pretty good.
What do you think?
Does Charlotte have too many pizza concepts?
- No. Are you crazy?!? More pizza, please! (67%, 133 Votes)
- Yes. Seriously: How many different ways can you make pizza? (33%, 65 Votes)
Total Voters: 198