Name: Roderick Davis
What office are you running for? Charlotte Mayor
Neighborhood: West Chester
Political Experience: This is my first time running for a political office.
Family: Roosevelt Brooks, Wanda Davis, Roderick Roseboro
Work Experience: Management, Security, Video Production, Customer service
1) Why are you running for office?
To give hope back to the citizens that have lost faith in our elected Officials and government.
2) What would be your top priorities if elected?
Public Safety, Workforce Development, and Education.
3) Would you support the city's proposed expansion of its non-discrimination ordinance to include the LGBT community, including a provision that would allow transgender residents to use the bathroom of their choice?
Yes I would support it because I want all citizens to feel accepted.
4) Do you support the N.C. DOT's plans to add express toll lanes to Interstate 485 in south Charlotte and U.S. 74? Or would you prefer to widen the highways with general-purpose free lanes?
No i don't support any fee or toll lanes.
5) Would you support spending hospitality tax dollars to renovate or rebuild the county owned Memorial Stadium in hopes of the city winning a Major League Soccer franchise?
No, but I would support the city in buying a Major league soccer franchise with hospitality tax dollars
6) Would you support an increase in the general sales tax to support more transit projects, such as additional miles of streetcar and a commuter train to Lake Norman?
No, the streetcar project is a waste of money and time its 2015 going on 2016 try something new like extending the light rail to more places like Lake Norman etc.
7) There has been a significant amount of redevelopment in neighbors close to uptown, with older, sometimes historic buildings being demolished for new apartments. Would you support more restrictions on tear-downs?
No, again we are moving into the future and old buildings have to go.
8) A goal of the city is to increase affordable housing. In some instances, however, the City Council is asked to approve rezoning requests for low-income apartments, even when an area plan says single-family homes should be built on a site. Should the council follow the area plan recommendations or approve multi-family projects to increase affordability?
Approve multi-family projects to increase affordability.
9) Should the city change its guidelines for offering Business Investment Grants for companies considering expanding or relocating to Charlotte?
10) What makes you the best candidate?
I'm here to represent all citizens and make sure that our issues get resolved the first time. There is no reason for talking about the same issues every election.
11) What else should voters know about you?
I'm the only candidate not looking for a paycheck in this race and the only one that really cares about the citizens and the future growth of the City of Charlotte.