▪ Cornerback Lou Young capped one of his best practices of the preseason with a big pass breakup against receiver Devin Funchess. Young had a handful of passes defensed on Monday, and his breakup near the end zone against Funchess on a pass from Cam Newton earned Young cheers from defensive teammates.
▪ Shaq Thompson got what was at least his third interception off Newton in the preseason. During the first team period, Newton looked right and his pass was tipped by Tre Boston and intercepted by Thompson.
▪ Safety Dean Marlowe (hamstring) is set to return to practice Tuesday, coach Ron Rivera said. Marlowe has missed more than two weeks with the injury. Safety Trenton Robinson (shoulder) will have more tests on his shoulder Tuesday.
▪ Damiere Byrd, Ted Ginn Jr. and Brenton Bersin returned punts from Mike Scifres and Kasey Redfern. Ginn, the unquestioned starter, muffed one and did 10 pushups as self-punishment.
Never miss a local story.
▪ In preparation for Denver’s mile-high elevation from sea level in the regular-season opener Sept. 8, running back Jonathan Stewart was wearing an altitude-training mask while working off to the side. He played in 13 snaps against the Titans and accounted for four touches and 16 yards.