What is the Summer Camp Fund?
The Charlotte Observer Summer Camp Fund awards grants to operators of outdoor summer camp programs to provide scholarships to low-income children residing in counties The Charlotte Observer serves.
How does it work?
The following camps will receive 2014 scholarship grants from the Summer Camp Fund. Families should apply directly to the camps which will select the campers receiving the scholarships.
• A Child's Place
• American Diabetes Assoc/Camp Carolina Trails
• Autism Society of North Carolina/Camp Royall
• Boys & Girls Clubs of York County
• Boy Scouts of America--Mecklenburg County Council/Camp Grimes
• Camp Celo, Inc.
• Camp Grier
• Carolina Raptor Center
• Clemson University 4-H Camp
• Lincoln County Family YMCA
• Lutheridge Camp
• Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs/Camp Walter Johnson
• Stanly County Family YMCA
• YMCA Camp Thunderbird